“Be kind, responsible and open to different perspective” is an overruling message to anybody engaging in JoinUs4Health or enjoying the various outputs and opportunities that we envisage will emerge.
The following list of specific behaviours provide examples of actions, which we do not welcome as part of JoinUs4Health, neither as part of submissions (suggestions, comments, topics) or participation (team or study members, events).
We do not tolerate
- discriminatory behaviour and content promoting or advocating the oppression of members of marginalised groups. These groups may be characterised by any of the following (though this list is naturally incomplete):
- gender identity or expression
- sexual identity or expression
- physical characteristics or age
- disability or illness
- nationality, residency, citizen status, wealth or education
- religious affiliation, agnosticism or atheism
- threatening behaviour, stalking, and doxing
- harassment, including brigading, dogpiling, or any other form of contact with a user who has stated that they do not wish to be contacted
- mobbing, including name-calling, intentional misgendering or deadnaming
- violent nationalist propaganda, Nazi symbolism or promoting the ideology of National Socialism
- conspiracy narratives or other reactionary myths supporting or leading to the above-mentioned (and/or similar) behaviour
Actions intended to damage these no-tolerance policies may lead to immediate account suspension. Content that is illegal in Germany will be deleted and may lead to immediate account suspension.
Furthermore, we do not post contents, which do not comply with the data privacy and data protection regulations.
Implementation of these rules
Reviewers are prompted to verify that these rules are followed when reviewing submitted suggestions or topics and facilitators and moderators when coordinating working or study teams or events. If an objection arises, a correction may be suggested, the submission may not be made public or a team member / event participant may be warned, silenced or even expelled from a meeting / event. In severe cases, an account may be temporarily or indefinitely suspended.
Furthermore, any JoinUs4Health platform user or contributor is invited to report behaviour that bothers them. Reports will be kept confidential.
The list below is a collection of behaviour that we expect to see from our users. If you see a user go against these best practices in a way that bothers you, please file a report, and we will talk to them. While these best practices are designed to be guidelines for a good communal instance, repeated malicious unwillingness to follow the best practices will be considered just like breaking a rule.
In general, use the tools provided in JoinUs4Health to foster a considerate and accessible atmosphere.
Contributions that do not originate from you must be credited with reference to the license, license holder and source.
Uninvited comments about another user’s personal choices, lifestyle or family are strongly discouraged and may be considered harassment. Inappropriate sexual attention, comments about appearance and implication of physical contact will not be tolerated toward any non-consenting user.
In discussions, please remain civil, do not insult the people you’re talking to. Note that irony, sarcasm, or similar modes of language don’t translate well to written language and tend to escalate discussions or misunderstandings.
(These best practices were inspired by the Terms of
https://bsd.network. Thank you!)